Friday, August 21, 2009

Stay Tuned for Post on Caster Semenya!

Hello, all. If you haven't heard, the IAAF (International Amateur Athletic Federation, governing body for the Olympic Games) publicly announced that investigations are under way to determine if Olympic track and field winner, Caster Semenya of South Africa, might be intersex since her performance results in the past few months of training have improved so drastically.

I have been following this issue closely, and have a LOT to say, but I can't devote the time this post deserves until after I take my qualifying exam (required for my Ph.D. program). Although I'm sure you can all hazard a guess as to which thing I would rather be doing, as I'm on Blogger at 3am, right?... ;)

Expect a post sometime on Thursday or Friday evening of this coming week! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment